This is not the NDIS we fought for.
That’s why we’re launching
The National Week of Action
to Save our NDIS
July 26 – 30 2021
Sign up to get involved now.
Find out what’s happening below, or catch up on the details about the Federal Government’s planned changes to the NDIS.
Click on each day to find out more and take action.
Find out what’s on or share your event
Human Rights Commission Online Forum
Tuesday July 27
National Town Hall – online
Friday July 30
Share your own event here
Anyone can host an event or activity – peer networks, advocacy groups, friends, families, services, workplaces.Register an event
Ideas for events
We know you will have lots of great ideas about what you might do on May 3 to draw attention to the NDIS but we have come up with just a few ideas to get you started.
- You might like to contact your local paper with your own story about the NDIS – and what you think needs to change.
- You could hold a stall in your local shopping centre and ask people to sign the Make it Work petition
- If you are involved in a local organisation like a peer support group or advocacy organisation you could invite your local MP to your group that day and talk about the problems people are having – and what you think could be done about them
- You could hold a Town Hall meeting and invite local MPs and candidates along to answer questions about what they are going to do to get the NDIS back on track
- Are you at uni or TAFE that day? You could hold a stall and ask people to sign the Make it Work petition.
- Are you at work that day? You could bribe your colleagues with muffins or cake and ask them to sign the petition
- Up for something that really captures how frustrated you are? What about a protest in a public area?
These are just some really simple actions that would make a really big difference.