Minister for the NDIS Stuart Robert wants to introduce compulsory assessments for all new and existing NDIS participants from next year.
These tick-a-box assessments will determine who gets support – and how much support they get.
We’ve heard all your concerns about what these new assessments will mean for you.
Now it’s time for everyone in Canberra to hear them too.
There are now two ways you can speak out and have your say.
- The Joint Standing Committee on the NDIS have are holding a Parliamentary inquiry into NDIS assessments. They are calling for submissions now.
- We think it is important that every single MP and Senator hears your concerns too – not just those who are part of the Joint Standing Committee. So we are putting together a report that we will send to every single Federal MP and Senator.
You can share your concerns directly with the Joint Standing Committee. You find out how on the Joint Standing Committee’s website.
But we also know not everyone has the time and energy to keep making submission after submission.
So we want to help and do the work for you.
Just share your story or your experience with us. You can use the form on this page.
We will then bundle up all your stories and share them with the Committee and every single Federal MP and Senator.
It does not matter how you do it. All that matters is that you speak out and have your say.
We fought hard for the NDIS. We want it to work for everyone who needs it. And we are not giving up until it does.
📌Just a small but important reminder – your story could be published on our website or social media. It will also be seen in the report we share with the Joint Standing Committee, and with MPs and Senators. We will do everything we can to protect your identity – for example we will use your first name only. And we will ask the Joint Standing Committee to keep the report private – it will not be published on their websites. Only the Committee will read it. But even with all these protections, we still ask people to be careful with any personal details they share. And if you are a family member, please consider carefully what you share and protect the privacy of your family member. Thank you.
Want to do more?
- Find and email your local MP
- For a bigger impact, organise a meeting with your local MP
- Email the NDIS Minister Stuart Robert
- Need a bit of a hand? We’ve got some easy to use (and read) resources
Read the NDIS papers
The NDIA have released three consultation papers about these new assessments: