Nominations are now open for the 2017 NSW Disability Industry Innovation Awards. The awards are about recognising innovation displayed by people and organisations making a difference to the lives of people with disability, their families and carers.
If you know a person or an organisation that has done great innovative work for people with disability, then head over to the Awards website to make a nomination. Nominations are encouraged from people with disability, their families and carers, organisations and members of the community.
This year there are eight categories:
- Excellence in Indigenous programs
- Excellence in promoting cultural competency
- Leadership in community accessibility and inclusion
- Excellence in person-centred service provision
- Leadership in employment inclusion
- Excellence in regional innovation
- Innovation in improving outcomes for children and young people
- Minister’s Award for Excellence (selected from one of the winners of the other categories)
Finalists and winners will be recognised at a ceremony as part of the NDS NSW Conference on 23 February 2017.
Nominations will close at 5pm on Monday 21 November 2016. For more information, including on making a strong nomination, please see the website.
More Awards around Australia
The 2016 National Disability Awards are to be held at Parliament House in Canberra on 7 November, leading up to the International Day of People with Disability celebrations. Nominations have closed, but you can check out the finalists here.
In the Northern Territory, nominations have just closed for the 2016 NT Disability Service Awards, with winners due to be announced on 11 November at the 2016 Gala Dinner in Darwin (details here).