You may remember me? I’m David Pearce, a Tasmanian campaigner for the NDIS.
Living with Cerebral Palsy Quadriplegia has not prevented me from being a serving Alderman on the Glenorchy City Council, or the current President of Advocacy Tasmania.
Earlier this year, I was proud to speak at the NDIS: Make it Real Rally in Hobart.
Last year, I participated in a video with my local Federal MP Andrew Wilkie MP where I demonstrated just how easy it is to lobby your Federal MP about the need for the NDIS.
It is really important that we keep lobbying our MPs about the NDIS. Most MPs will be back in their electorate for the next five weeks so make sure you go and see them.
Over 30 MPs are yet to ‘Counted in’ – you can check who is in and who is out here – http://everyaustraliancounts.com.au/federal_mp_gallery/
We need to lock in the NDIS for good. Until we get the NDIS in place, things won’t change. We will still have the same broken system.
In recent weeks I have experienced what I would personally described as discrimination and intimidation!
As a person living with, a disability I am dependent upon my service provider to provide every aspect of my personal support requirements.
Lately, that organisation has been threatening to withdraw some service provision based on “unavailability of staff” and “industrial regulations”
My recent experience highlights the urgent need for a National Disability Insurance Scheme, that places Australians living with disability and their family’s right in the centre of service provision so that we can take control of our own lives and become active and equal citizens of the communities in which we live, work and volunteer
Much has been achieved, but there is still much more to be done!
I call upon the Prime Minister, the Leader of the Opposition and every Member of the Australian Parliament as well as Members of State and Territory Parliaments to support the NDIS and “Make Every Australian Count”.
Will you do the same?
David Pearce OAM
President – Advocacy Tasmania
Alderman – Glenorchy City Council
Leave a comment
Join the campaign
Upcoming EventsUpcoming Events
- Several Federal Members of Parliament set to hold NDIS forums across Victoria, come and have your voice heard!
- Geelong is in for a double delight as two NDIS forums are held on February 8, 2013! Register today!
- Expert disability panel to discuss NDIS – Frankston – 5 December
- Upcoming NDIS forum in Benalla:15 November
- Rob Mitchell MP and Senator McLucas host NDIS forum in Seymour
- Chelsea, your Federal MP wants to hear your thoughts on the NDIS
- Senator Mclucas invites you to talk about the NDIS in Brand
Join the Conversation
- Blogs from State Campaign Co-ordinators (319)
- Count me in Celebrities (19)
- Counting on our MPs (112)
- DisabiliTEA 2 August 2011 (12)
- DisabiliTEA 2012 (4)
- EAC (144)
- I Count TV (20)
- In the media (153)
- Look who's counting now (57)
- Message book (7,193)
- My Story – Why every Australian must count (11)
- National (55)
- National Disability and Carers Congress (14)
- NDIS Information Forums (74)
- News (39)
- Notes from the Campaign Director (29)
- NSW/ACT (63)
- QLD (89)
- SA/NT (17)
- Upcoming Events (33)
- VIC/TAS (134)
- WA (119)
- You Count – Campaigners in Action (61)
- Your Story (100)
In the mediaIn the media
- Meanwhile in WA… 16 May, 2013
- PM on WA & the NDIS 28 March, 2013
- NDIS Legislation Eclipse 22 March, 2013
- Tweet NDIS Questions to the WA Leaders Debate Tonight 19 February, 2013
- Premier Barnett on the NDIS & COAG 5 December, 2012
- Excellence in Disability Reform -Samantha Jenkinson in her own words 29 November, 2012
- Asking our MPS to stand and deliver 26 November, 2012
- Media Release: CAMPAIGN REJECTS NDIS COST SCAREMONGERING 15 November, 2012