With the state election around the corner on March 9 we have an opportunity. An opportunity to make sure the National Disability Insurance Scheme is not forgotten.
We want the Commonwealth and State governments to end the deadlock that is holding us back from bringing the NDIS to WA.
We also want to see no fault insurance introduced without delay to protect the thousands of West Australians injured in accidents, as is already happening in NSW, Victoria and Tasmania and which is crucial to beginning the National Injury Insurance Scheme (NIIS).
Barry Mackinnon who chairs the local Campaign Committee recently wrote to the leaders of all four WA parties asking them about their commitments to timelines and solutions re the NDIS and the National Injury Insurance Scheme (NIIS).
You can find out what each party is promising about the NDIS and NIIS below:
On Monday 18 February join us to take action – it’s easy to take part.
1. Be part of our media call
Support disability activist Samantha Jenkinson at a press conference at the Perth Federal Senate Committee hearing into the NDIS legislation and hear what the Senators have to say : 1 pm, 11 Harvest Terrace cnr Hay St, West Perth. (Wear your tshirt or grab one on the day). Also find out how you can attend the hearings and support those speaking up.
2. Make some noise on talkback radio
Ring or text talkback radio on Monday morning or afternoon
and tell them you want the next government to end the deadlock and see the NDIS delivered in WA. In the morning between 8.30 am and 12.00 midday contact Geoff Hutchison at 720 ABC local radio or Paul Murray on 6PR In the afternoon ring or text Howard Sattler 6PR Drive or Russell Woolf on 720 ABC Drive.
Tell them, no matter who wins the next election, it’s time our leaders do what it takes to ensure people with disability, their family and carers are given the support they deserve click here for speaking notes
Leave a comment
Join the campaign
- Several Federal Members of Parliament set to hold NDIS forums across Victoria, come and have your voice heard!
- Geelong is in for a double delight as two NDIS forums are held on February 8, 2013! Register today!
- Expert disability panel to discuss NDIS - Frankston - 5 December
- Upcoming NDIS forum in Benalla:15 November
- Rob Mitchell MP and Senator McLucas host NDIS forum in Seymour
- Chelsea, your Federal MP wants to hear your thoughts on the NDIS
- Senator Mclucas invites you to talk about the NDIS in Brand
Join the Conversation
- Blogs from State Campaign Co-ordinators (308)
- Count me in Celebrities (19)
- Counting on our MPs (110)
- DisabiliTEA 2 August 2011 (12)
- DisabiliTEA 2012 (4)
- EAC (124)
- I Count TV (20)
- In the media (153)
- Look who's counting now (54)
- Message book (7196)
- My Story – Why every Australian must count (10)
- National (51)
- National Disability and Carers Congress (14)
- NDIS Information Forums (73)
- News (31)
- Notes from the Campaign Director (29)
- NSW/ACT (63)
- QLD (88)
- SA/NT (17)
- Upcoming Events (33)
- VIC/TAS (134)
- WA (110)
- You Count – Campaigners in Action (58)
- Your Story (100)
In the media
- Meanwhile in WA... 16 May, 2013
- PM on WA & the NDIS 28 March, 2013
- NDIS Legislation Eclipse 22 March, 2013
- Tweet NDIS Questions to the WA Leaders Debate Tonight 19 February, 2013
- Premier Barnett on the NDIS & COAG 5 December, 2012
- Excellence in Disability Reform -Samantha Jenkinson in her own words 29 November, 2012
- Asking our MPS to stand and deliver 26 November, 2012
- Media Release: CAMPAIGN REJECTS NDIS COST SCAREMONGERING 15 November, 2012