A day to remember
Ageing and Disability Minister Andrew Constance and I were delighted to join with the Prime Minister to announce New South Wales as the first Australian State to sign on to the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
This landmark agreement will empower and support people with disabilities their families and carers across NSW. It’s an issue that is above politics and deserves the bipartisan support it has achieved.
It’ll mean that from 2016 the Commonwealth and NSW Governments will start to roll out the full National Disability Insurance Scheme across NSW.
From 2018 that means $6.4 billion in disability support being spent each year. It is anticipated that that NDIS will assist more than 140,000 people with a disability living in NSW to lead a dignified, decent and productive life.
This terrific outcome continues the NSW Liberals and National Government’s record of reform in social services. Importantly this reform could not have been achieved without the support and advocacy of so many people in the community and I sincerely thank them for their efforts, in particular the Every Australian Counts organisation.
For more information and details on the announcement go to: http://www.nsw.gov.au/ndis
Landmark agreement for NSW on NDIS
This week I was delighted to join with the Prime Minister to announce NSW is the first Australian state to sign onto a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
This landmark agreement will empower and support people with a disability, their family and carers.
It will mean from 2018 the Commonwealth and NSW governments will invest more than $6.4 billion in disability support each year.
It is anticipated the NDIS will assist more than 140,000 people with a disability living in NSW lead a dignified and decent life.
For more information on the agreement please visit www.nsw.gov.au/ndis
Importantly, this historic reform could not have been achieved without your support and advocacy. I sincerely thank you for your efforts.
Premier of New South Wales
Leave a comment
Join the campaign
- Several Federal Members of Parliament set to hold NDIS forums across Victoria, come and have your voice heard!
- Geelong is in for a double delight as two NDIS forums are held on February 8, 2013! Register today!
- Expert disability panel to discuss NDIS - Frankston - 5 December
- Upcoming NDIS forum in Benalla:15 November
- Rob Mitchell MP and Senator McLucas host NDIS forum in Seymour
- Chelsea, your Federal MP wants to hear your thoughts on the NDIS
- Senator Mclucas invites you to talk about the NDIS in Brand
Join the Conversation
- Blogs from State Campaign Co-ordinators (308)
- Count me in Celebrities (19)
- Counting on our MPs (110)
- DisabiliTEA 2 August 2011 (12)
- DisabiliTEA 2012 (4)
- EAC (124)
- I Count TV (20)
- In the media (153)
- Look who's counting now (54)
- Message book (7196)
- My Story – Why every Australian must count (10)
- National (51)
- National Disability and Carers Congress (14)
- NDIS Information Forums (73)
- News (31)
- Notes from the Campaign Director (29)
- NSW/ACT (63)
- QLD (88)
- SA/NT (17)
- Upcoming Events (33)
- VIC/TAS (134)
- WA (110)
- You Count – Campaigners in Action (58)
- Your Story (100)
In the media
- Meanwhile in WA... 16 May, 2013
- PM on WA & the NDIS 28 March, 2013
- NDIS Legislation Eclipse 22 March, 2013
- Tweet NDIS Questions to the WA Leaders Debate Tonight 19 February, 2013
- Premier Barnett on the NDIS & COAG 5 December, 2012
- Excellence in Disability Reform -Samantha Jenkinson in her own words 29 November, 2012
- Asking our MPS to stand and deliver 26 November, 2012
- Media Release: CAMPAIGN REJECTS NDIS COST SCAREMONGERING 15 November, 2012