The National Disability and Carers Alliance – comprised of AFDO, Carers Australia, National Disability Services and in conjunction with People with Disability Australia to represent people with disability, carers and the disability sector – with funding support from Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA) will be holding forums and wide-ranging discussions with people with disability, their families, carers, service providers and their advocates to work through the nuts and bolts of this major change represented by a NDIS.
This project will make sure people with a disability, their families and carers and service providers have their say about the design and implementation of the NDIS.
Over the course of the project, the Alliance will:
Hold large public meetings in each capital city from late August through to mid October. Some of these meetings will be jointly held for people with disability, their families and carers, while others will be separate;
Hold engagement meetings in rural and regional locations from late August to mid-October. These meetings will be joint meetings for people with disability, their families and carers, and service providers;
Hold service provider consultations in capital cities and regional centres.
Engage with people with disability, their families and carers and service providers online through the Alliance website and Facebook pages;
Run focus groups later in the year to discuss specific issues or the needs of specific population groups;
Attend meetings about the NDIS;
Hold engagement meetings around the country when the government has a blueprint for the NDIS.
Information about the consultations for people with disability, carers/families and service providers will be available on the Alliance website from 9 August 2012 and will be regularly updated as new dates are confirmed, www.disabilitycareralliance.org.au If you have any questions about the engagement project, please contact:
AFDO: Leah (NDIS Engagement Project Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 9662 3324.
People with Disability Australia: Ngila Bevan at NgilaB@pwd.org.au or on 02 9370 3100
Carers Australia: Anna Morison at AMorison@carersaustralia.com.au or on 02 6122 9900
National Disability Services: Belinda Wallin at Belinda.Wallin@nds.org.au or on 03 8341 4300
Leave a comment
Join the campaign
- Several Federal Members of Parliament set to hold NDIS forums across Victoria, come and have your voice heard!
- Geelong is in for a double delight as two NDIS forums are held on February 8, 2013! Register today!
- Expert disability panel to discuss NDIS - Frankston - 5 December
- Upcoming NDIS forum in Benalla:15 November
- Rob Mitchell MP and Senator McLucas host NDIS forum in Seymour
- Chelsea, your Federal MP wants to hear your thoughts on the NDIS
- Senator Mclucas invites you to talk about the NDIS in Brand
Join the Conversation
- Blogs from State Campaign Co-ordinators (308)
- Count me in Celebrities (19)
- Counting on our MPs (110)
- DisabiliTEA 2 August 2011 (12)
- DisabiliTEA 2012 (4)
- EAC (124)
- I Count TV (20)
- In the media (153)
- Look who's counting now (54)
- Message book (7196)
- My Story – Why every Australian must count (10)
- National (51)
- National Disability and Carers Congress (14)
- NDIS Information Forums (73)
- News (31)
- Notes from the Campaign Director (29)
- NSW/ACT (63)
- QLD (88)
- SA/NT (17)
- Upcoming Events (33)
- VIC/TAS (134)
- WA (110)
- You Count – Campaigners in Action (58)
- Your Story (100)
In the media
- Meanwhile in WA... 16 May, 2013
- PM on WA & the NDIS 28 March, 2013
- NDIS Legislation Eclipse 22 March, 2013
- Tweet NDIS Questions to the WA Leaders Debate Tonight 19 February, 2013
- Premier Barnett on the NDIS & COAG 5 December, 2012
- Excellence in Disability Reform -Samantha Jenkinson in her own words 29 November, 2012
- Asking our MPS to stand and deliver 26 November, 2012
- Media Release: CAMPAIGN REJECTS NDIS COST SCAREMONGERING 15 November, 2012