The National Disability and Carer Alliance is hosting free forums on the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Queensland.
If you are a person with a disability, family member or a carer, this is a great chance to make your views known in the early stages of the design of the NDIS.
While there are no launch sites currently planned for Queensland, it is still important that Queenslanders have the opportunity to have their say about the NDIS in preparation for it’s eventual national roll-out.
Topics for discussion include:
Assessment, review and complaints mechanisms
What are reasonable and necessary supports?\Individual choice and control
How can people with disability, families and carers be actively involved in the design of the NDIS?
How can we ensure the system is innovative and responsive to needs?
Brisbane – Chermside South - 4 September 2012 10am – 2:30pm (Refreshments provided) At Kedron-Wavell Services Club, 375 Hamilton Rd, Chermside South, Qld 4032
RSVP by 30/8/2012 Register online www.disabilitycareralliance.org.au or call Carers Australia 02 6122 9900
Mount Isa - 5 September 2012 10am – 2.30pm At Mount Isa Civic Centre, 23 West Street, Mount Isa
RSVP by 31.8.2012 Register online http://disabilitycareralliance.org.au/category/events/or contact PWDA on 02 9370 3100 or email@example.com
Thuringowa Central - 12 September 2012 10am – 2:30pm (Refreshments provided) At Tony Ireland Stadium, 2 Sporting Drive, Thuringowa Central 4817
Register at http://www.trybooking.com/BTZG or contact:
Anna Morison: 02 6122 9909 AMorison@carersaustralia.com.au
Please tell the organisers if you have any special requirements to attend.
Leave a comment
Join the campaign
Upcoming EventsUpcoming Events
- Several Federal Members of Parliament set to hold NDIS forums across Victoria, come and have your voice heard!
- Geelong is in for a double delight as two NDIS forums are held on February 8, 2013! Register today!
- Expert disability panel to discuss NDIS – Frankston – 5 December
- Upcoming NDIS forum in Benalla:15 November
- Rob Mitchell MP and Senator McLucas host NDIS forum in Seymour
- Chelsea, your Federal MP wants to hear your thoughts on the NDIS
- Senator Mclucas invites you to talk about the NDIS in Brand
Join the Conversation
- Blogs from State Campaign Co-ordinators (319)
- Count me in Celebrities (19)
- Counting on our MPs (112)
- DisabiliTEA 2 August 2011 (12)
- DisabiliTEA 2012 (4)
- EAC (144)
- I Count TV (20)
- In the media (153)
- Look who's counting now (57)
- Message book (7194)
- My Story – Why every Australian must count (11)
- National (55)
- National Disability and Carers Congress (14)
- NDIS Information Forums (74)
- News (39)
- Notes from the Campaign Director (29)
- NSW/ACT (63)
- QLD (89)
- SA/NT (17)
- Upcoming Events (33)
- VIC/TAS (134)
- WA (119)
- You Count – Campaigners in Action (61)
- Your Story (100)
In the mediaIn the media
- Meanwhile in WA… 16 May, 2013
- PM on WA & the NDIS 28 March, 2013
- NDIS Legislation Eclipse 22 March, 2013
- Tweet NDIS Questions to the WA Leaders Debate Tonight 19 February, 2013
- Premier Barnett on the NDIS & COAG 5 December, 2012
- Excellence in Disability Reform -Samantha Jenkinson in her own words 29 November, 2012
- Asking our MPS to stand and deliver 26 November, 2012
- Media Release: CAMPAIGN REJECTS NDIS COST SCAREMONGERING 15 November, 2012