Residents of Geelong will be treated to two different events on Friday the 8th of February, both discussing and looking at the broad issues and questions relating to the National Disability Insurance Scheme both in Victoria and around the nation.
Having a Say Conference – A discussion on the NDIS
To start the day at 9.30am the VALID Having a Say Conference is opening its doors for free to the broader community on Friday morning only, for residents to come and listen to, and ask questions of the expert panel of speakers.
The panel will be chaired by Christine Regan – Christine has personal experiences as a parent of a young adult with disability and indepth knowledge of the sector as a Senior Policy Office at NSW Council of Social Services and as a board member of National Council on Intellectual Disability.
Panel members will include:
* Lynne Foreman, person living with disability in the Barwon launch site area
* Andrea Coote MLC, Parliamentary Secretary for Families and Community Services, Victorian State Government
* Caroline Mulcahy, Chief Executive, Carers Victoria
* Daryl Starkey, CEO, Karingal and board member of National Disability Services
* James O’Brien – Acting State Director, National Disability Services
* Liz Cairs – Victorian State Manager, NDIS Launch Transition Agency
The panel will discuss various issues and you will also have an opportunity to ask questions.
Will my Individual Support Package be transferred to the NDIS?
What does ‘reasonable and necessary’ mean?
Could some people be worse off because Victoria has better individual funding than other states?
Will everyone who has support be reassessed?
When: 9.30am – 11.00am, Friday 8th of February 2013
Where: Costa Hall, Deakin University Waterfront Campus, Geelong, Victoria
Please register your attendance with VALID.
Call: (03) 9416 4003 or for rural Victoria 1800 655 570 (freecall)
Victorian State Government – Public Forum to discuss NDIS and NDIS Bill 2012
Parliamentary Secretary for Families and Community Services, Mrs Andrea Coote MLC invites people with disability, their families and carers, and service providers in the Barwon area to a public forum to discuss the NDIS.
The forum will also discuss the NDIS Bill 2012. With submissions currently before the Senate Committee and hearing currently taking place across the country, this is an opportunity for the community to hear the Victorian Government’s views on the Bill and ask questions.
To view the NDIS Bill 2012, please go to www.ndis.gov.au
When: 2.00pm-3.30pm, Friday 8th February 2013
Where: Barrabool Hills Centre, 4-34 Province Boulevard, Highton
(off Scenic Road, next to the Baptist Church)
Please register your attendance as places are strictly limited.
Phone: (03) 5226 4097
Leave a comment
Join the campaign
- Several Federal Members of Parliament set to hold NDIS forums across Victoria, come and have your voice heard!
- Geelong is in for a double delight as two NDIS forums are held on February 8, 2013! Register today!
- Expert disability panel to discuss NDIS - Frankston - 5 December
- Upcoming NDIS forum in Benalla:15 November
- Rob Mitchell MP and Senator McLucas host NDIS forum in Seymour
- Chelsea, your Federal MP wants to hear your thoughts on the NDIS
- Senator Mclucas invites you to talk about the NDIS in Brand
Join the Conversation
- Blogs from State Campaign Co-ordinators (308)
- Count me in Celebrities (19)
- Counting on our MPs (110)
- DisabiliTEA 2 August 2011 (12)
- DisabiliTEA 2012 (4)
- EAC (124)
- I Count TV (20)
- In the media (153)
- Look who's counting now (54)
- Message book (7196)
- My Story – Why every Australian must count (10)
- National (51)
- National Disability and Carers Congress (14)
- NDIS Information Forums (73)
- News (31)
- Notes from the Campaign Director (29)
- NSW/ACT (63)
- QLD (88)
- SA/NT (17)
- Upcoming Events (33)
- VIC/TAS (134)
- WA (110)
- You Count – Campaigners in Action (58)
- Your Story (100)
In the media
- Meanwhile in WA... 16 May, 2013
- PM on WA & the NDIS 28 March, 2013
- NDIS Legislation Eclipse 22 March, 2013
- Tweet NDIS Questions to the WA Leaders Debate Tonight 19 February, 2013
- Premier Barnett on the NDIS & COAG 5 December, 2012
- Excellence in Disability Reform -Samantha Jenkinson in her own words 29 November, 2012
- Asking our MPS to stand and deliver 26 November, 2012
- Media Release: CAMPAIGN REJECTS NDIS COST SCAREMONGERING 15 November, 2012