27 July 2012
The Every Australian Counts campaign today called for the deadlock over the launch of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) be resolved without further delay.
“People with disabilities, their families and carers around Australia are despairing at the lack of resolution after the significant progress that has been made on this important and historic reform,” Every Australian Counts campaign director John Della Bosca said.
“The impasse is causing unnecessary anxiety to people who already endure stress from a disability system that is broken,” he said.
“We call on the Prime Minister and Premiers of Victoria and New South Wales to immediately find common ground as soon as possible to allow the proposed launch sites in the Hunter region and Geelong to proceed as scheduled on July 1, 2013.
“This will require some level of compromise from all parties without delay.
“Every Australian Counts campaign’s 125,000 supporters expect a deal done as soon as possible. The people of our nation are unimpressed by another failure by our politicians to settle this dispute in the national interest.”
John Della Bosca – 0429 570 390 or firstname.lastname@example.org
James O’Brien – 0409 860 708 or email@example.com
Leave a comment
Join the campaign
Upcoming EventsUpcoming Events
- Several Federal Members of Parliament set to hold NDIS forums across Victoria, come and have your voice heard!
- Geelong is in for a double delight as two NDIS forums are held on February 8, 2013! Register today!
- Expert disability panel to discuss NDIS – Frankston – 5 December
- Upcoming NDIS forum in Benalla:15 November
- Rob Mitchell MP and Senator McLucas host NDIS forum in Seymour
- Chelsea, your Federal MP wants to hear your thoughts on the NDIS
- Senator Mclucas invites you to talk about the NDIS in Brand
Join the Conversation
- Blogs from State Campaign Co-ordinators (319)
- Count me in Celebrities (19)
- Counting on our MPs (112)
- DisabiliTEA 2 August 2011 (12)
- DisabiliTEA 2012 (4)
- EAC (144)
- I Count TV (20)
- In the media (153)
- Look who's counting now (57)
- Message book (7,193)
- My Story – Why every Australian must count (11)
- National (55)
- National Disability and Carers Congress (14)
- NDIS Information Forums (74)
- News (39)
- Notes from the Campaign Director (29)
- NSW/ACT (63)
- QLD (89)
- SA/NT (17)
- Upcoming Events (33)
- VIC/TAS (134)
- WA (119)
- You Count – Campaigners in Action (61)
- Your Story (100)
In the mediaIn the media
- Meanwhile in WA… 16 May, 2013
- PM on WA & the NDIS 28 March, 2013
- NDIS Legislation Eclipse 22 March, 2013
- Tweet NDIS Questions to the WA Leaders Debate Tonight 19 February, 2013
- Premier Barnett on the NDIS & COAG 5 December, 2012
- Excellence in Disability Reform -Samantha Jenkinson in her own words 29 November, 2012
- Asking our MPS to stand and deliver 26 November, 2012
- Media Release: CAMPAIGN REJECTS NDIS COST SCAREMONGERING 15 November, 2012