Join the conversation
Several Federal Members of Parliament set to hold NDIS forums across Victoria, come and have your voice heard!
Monday the 4th of March starts a three day tour for Senator Jan
McLucas, Parliamentary Secretary for Disabilities and Carers as she joins
Federal Members of Parliament to talk with various communities about the
current state of the National Disability Insurance Scheme in Victoria.
These forums provide all members of the community the opportunity
to have their voices heard, their opinions listened to and their questions
Residents of Geelong will be treated to two different events on Friday the 8th of February, both discussing and looking at the broad issues and questions relating to the National Disability Insurance Scheme both in Victoria and around the nation.
Having a Say Conference – A discussion on the NDIS
To start the day at 9.30am the VALID Having a Say Conference is opening its doors for free to the broader community on Friday morning only, for residents to come and listen to, and ask questions of the expert panel of speakers.
Held at the Frankston Arts Centre in Frankston on Wednesday December 5, locals will be treated to an expert line up of speakers to discuss the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Starting at 9.30am the forum will discuss the foundations of NDIS, what is it, why we need it, who is for and what is happening in the current environment.
A forum on the proposed National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will be held in Benalla on Thursday 15 November at 1pm.
The key speaker at the forum will be the Parliamentary Secretary for Disabilities and Carers, Senator Jan McLucas who has been a key driver of the development of the NDIS in the Federal Government. James O’Brien, Acting State Manager, National Disability Services in Victoria will also address the forum.
The forum is just one of hundreds that have been held across Australia by the Every Australian Counts campaign, who have been working right across Australia to push for the introduction of a properly designed and funded NDIS. The campaign now has 135,000 supporters, who have all been pushing for the introduction of the NDIS which will help ensure people living with disability, their families and carers get access to a decent level of care and support. Continue reading »
The Every Australian Counts campaign seeks to continuously lobby and raise the issue of fully funding and implementing the NDIS with Government. If you live in the Mitchell Shire then this is your opportunity! Come and tell your Federal Member for McEwen, Rob Mitchell MP and the Assistant Minister implementing NDIS, Senator Jan McLucas your thoughts on the NDIS and what it means to you.
The forum will provide you with the latest news from Canberra and you will have the opportunity to ask questions about the NDIS.
When: Thursday 15 November, 10:00am till 11:30am Continue reading »
If you live in Chelsea, Victoria, or in the surrounding region, come and share your opinion about the NDIS with you Federal MP, Mark Dreyfus QC, Member for Isaacs and Senator the Hon. Jan McLucas, Parliamentary Secretary for Disability and Carers.
Ask the government about the latest news from Canberra during the question and answer session and hear from others in your community about what the NDIS means to them.
When: Friday 9 November 2012, 9.00am – 10.30am Continue reading »
One of the constant asks from the campaign is to send your message to Canberra. If you are in the electorate of Brand you have a good opportunity to do that and to hear the latest on the NDIS. Senator Jan McLucas, Parliamentary Secretary for Disabilities is inviting you to morning tea and a chat about the scheme and its progress. The discussion will be hosted by Senator Louise Pratt.
Where : Electorate office of Special Minister of State Gary Gray – Unit 1/15 Kent Street, Rockingham.
When : 10.30 -11.30 7th November
RSVP on 9527 9377.
Caboolture Physical Disability Support Network President Matt McCracken says it time to revolutionise disability services. “I want everyone who lives in northern Brisbane who wants to change the system to come along to our NDIS forum and shout “I COUNT!”
Matt’s NDIS community information forum is aimed at people with disability, their families, carers, supporters and service providers who are:
- Sick of fighting for services
- Tired of massive waiting times for equipment
- Over having to beg for support and then be grateful for any tiny little bit
Wednesday 15 June 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Morayfield Community Centre, Morayfield (near Bunnings)
RSVP/details: Matt 0410 660 858, e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gai Brodtmann and Andrew Leigh will be hosting the Parliamentary Secretary for Disabilities and Carers, Senator the Hon Jan McLucas at an Afternoon tea and public forum to discuss a National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Friday 24 August 2pm-4pm - Griffin Centre - Genge Street, Canberra City
Please RSVP to Andrew.Leigh.MP@aph.gov.au by 12 noon, Friday 24 August.
The Xavier College Social Justice Network are hosting their Daring to be Different 2012 forum this Thursday 16 August from 7.30pm, under the theme of Disability – Breaking Down the Barriers.
Emeritus Professor Ron McCallum AO, Chair of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Disabled Person and Senior Australian of the Year 2011 will give the key note address. He will be joined by a panel of speakers from across the disability sector. The evening will be facilitated by Lynne Haultain, former ABC broadcaster.
Disability is a social justice issue. While the NDIS is gaining support at government level, there is still a great deal to be done to change community attitudes and improve understanding of the issues faced by those with disabilities.
Join the campaign
Upcoming EventsUpcoming Events
- Several Federal Members of Parliament set to hold NDIS forums across Victoria, come and have your voice heard!
- Geelong is in for a double delight as two NDIS forums are held on February 8, 2013! Register today!
- Expert disability panel to discuss NDIS – Frankston – 5 December
- Upcoming NDIS forum in Benalla:15 November
- Rob Mitchell MP and Senator McLucas host NDIS forum in Seymour
- Chelsea, your Federal MP wants to hear your thoughts on the NDIS
- Senator Mclucas invites you to talk about the NDIS in Brand
Join the Conversation
- Blogs from State Campaign Co-ordinators (319)
- Count me in Celebrities (19)
- Counting on our MPs (112)
- DisabiliTEA 2 August 2011 (12)
- DisabiliTEA 2012 (4)
- EAC (144)
- I Count TV (20)
- In the media (153)
- Look who's counting now (57)
- Message book (7,194)
- My Story – Why every Australian must count (11)
- National (55)
- National Disability and Carers Congress (14)
- NDIS Information Forums (74)
- News (39)
- Notes from the Campaign Director (29)
- NSW/ACT (63)
- QLD (89)
- SA/NT (17)
- Upcoming Events (33)
- VIC/TAS (134)
- WA (119)
- You Count – Campaigners in Action (61)
- Your Story (100)
In the mediaIn the media
- Meanwhile in WA… 16 May, 2013
- PM on WA & the NDIS 28 March, 2013
- NDIS Legislation Eclipse 22 March, 2013
- Tweet NDIS Questions to the WA Leaders Debate Tonight 19 February, 2013
- Premier Barnett on the NDIS & COAG 5 December, 2012
- Excellence in Disability Reform -Samantha Jenkinson in her own words 29 November, 2012
- Asking our MPS to stand and deliver 26 November, 2012
- Media Release: CAMPAIGN REJECTS NDIS COST SCAREMONGERING 15 November, 2012