Join the conversation
I work as a community support worker in the community with people with profound disabilities. These people have chosen to live and sometimes work to support themselves. Apart from that they contribute to the community such as the retail industry and many others. Shouldn’t we as support workers encourage this and focus on the people who for the most part remain silent, and get about their business. The unfortunate outcome for the majority of these people is that they end up in nursing homes far earlier than they should. These people support us as community workers and ensure that we have jobs so we can pay our taxes, buy houses, cars etc.
Hi my name is janine I have had Epilepsy since I was 14 years old, the road has been tough and as I get older I will deteriate. This Insurance for People with a Disability has been needed for a long time, there are too many disadvantaged people and its growing, Help is needed now.
Our family supports the NDIS as we have seen first hand how this system could benefit families living with disability. Our young son suffered a traumatic brain injury at 8 years of age as a result of a motor vehicle accident so his assistance so far has been funded by the third party insurer, however through his numerous therapy and rehab appointments, we have met many families who do not have this type of assistance. These families struggle to provide their children with all the various interventions that are necessary in order to maintain intelectual development from a young age, such as occupational therapy, speech pathology, physio etc.
Honourabe state and territory premiers
It is time to put political differences to one side on this important debate and support our Prime Minister.
Our character as a caring nation is at stake. Please show courage as an example to future generations of Australians,
Of how this generation, shared the burdon of the disadvantaged.
I have been a paid carer for over 15 years. I have lifelong friends who are disabled and whose parents live in fear of what will happen when they are dead. I know parents who have come to the decision that they will suicide and take their disabled child with them. They are afraid to leave their children without support. I can’t imagine having to live with this fear or have to make this agonising decision. The proposed National Disability insurance scheme could end this dillemma.
This Disability Insurance Scheme needs to be widened to help parents who can’t work because their child or adult has either a intellectual Impairment or more severe with severe problems caused at birth I watched the sbs programme on Sunday about children and Adults with Disabilities this government has to get real these parents are suffering they have no backup with crisis care no time off from the children or Adults no respite care I know Parents in Armidale who are the Primary Carers for the Adults or children with disability problems 24/7 with no break the Parents get to breaking Point I myself have a intellectual Disabilityi am working
You’ve talked the talk now walk the walk. Do not dangle this in front of us and then put it into the too hard box.That would be a cruel and cowardly act.
Join the campaign
Upcoming EventsUpcoming Events
- Several Federal Members of Parliament set to hold NDIS forums across Victoria, come and have your voice heard!
- Geelong is in for a double delight as two NDIS forums are held on February 8, 2013! Register today!
- Expert disability panel to discuss NDIS – Frankston – 5 December
- Upcoming NDIS forum in Benalla:15 November
- Rob Mitchell MP and Senator McLucas host NDIS forum in Seymour
- Chelsea, your Federal MP wants to hear your thoughts on the NDIS
- Senator Mclucas invites you to talk about the NDIS in Brand
Join the Conversation
- Blogs from State Campaign Co-ordinators (319)
- Count me in Celebrities (19)
- Counting on our MPs (112)
- DisabiliTEA 2 August 2011 (12)
- DisabiliTEA 2012 (4)
- EAC (144)
- I Count TV (20)
- In the media (153)
- Look who's counting now (57)
- Message book (7,194)
- My Story – Why every Australian must count (11)
- National (55)
- National Disability and Carers Congress (14)
- NDIS Information Forums (74)
- News (39)
- Notes from the Campaign Director (29)
- NSW/ACT (63)
- QLD (89)
- SA/NT (17)
- Upcoming Events (33)
- VIC/TAS (134)
- WA (119)
- You Count – Campaigners in Action (61)
- Your Story (100)
In the mediaIn the media
- Meanwhile in WA… 16 May, 2013
- PM on WA & the NDIS 28 March, 2013
- NDIS Legislation Eclipse 22 March, 2013
- Tweet NDIS Questions to the WA Leaders Debate Tonight 19 February, 2013
- Premier Barnett on the NDIS & COAG 5 December, 2012
- Excellence in Disability Reform -Samantha Jenkinson in her own words 29 November, 2012
- Asking our MPS to stand and deliver 26 November, 2012
- Media Release: CAMPAIGN REJECTS NDIS COST SCAREMONGERING 15 November, 2012